Breakfast Quinoa With Vanilla Cream
Happy August Too Good Family!
When August rolls around so does the back to school frenzy! As parents, we understand the need to prepare for the school season! Today we are sharing with you the first part of our Back To School recipe series! We will be starting with the most important meal of the day breakfast!
You want to send your kid to school on a full stomach so their energy levels can last and they can soak up all the knowledge their brains can handle! You want to pick some breakfast ideas that are packed with protein and nutrition and will keep your morning easy!
- 1 cup traditional quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 11/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small Fuji apple peeled, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
Steps To Yumminess
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer then add coconut milk, vanilla extract, raisins, brown sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and salt. Cover and cook until done, about 20-25 minutes; stirring occasionally. Add apple pieces about 3 minutes before removing quinoa from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk ingredients until combined. Serve each bowl of Breakfast Quinoa topped with 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Cream.