Baked Salmon & Asparagus
Happy Sunday Too Good Family! This past few recipes have been easy options for snacking or lunch! Today we wanted to share an easy one pan dinner option for the whole family to enjoy. The best dinners are the dinners that can be completed on one pan in the oven! Our recipe today is a lemon & garlic baked salmon & asparagus. But the real best thing about one pan dishes is that you can add any variety of vegetables to your pan or even sweet potatoes!
- 4 - 6 (6 oz or 170 g) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or sea salt flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 bunches asparagus (24 spears), woody ends removed
- 1 lemon, sliced to garnish
- 1/3 cup beans/peas or any other greens
Steps to family dinner
Preheat oven broiler (or grill) to high heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange oven shelf to the second top shelf (about 8-inches from the heating element).
Place the salmon on a large baking tray. Rub each fillet evenly with the garlic and parsley to evenly coat; pour over the lemon juice. Spray with a light coating of olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the asparagus and greens around the salmon in a single layer, and place the lemon slices over the top.
Broil (or grill) for 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through to your liking (we find 8 minutes is perfect if the oven is hot).
Serve with potatoes or brown rice!
eat & live too good
the russell family