Lettuce Chicken Tacos
Happy Sunday Too Good Family!
Today I am sharing with you one of our favorite alternatives to tacos "Lettuce chicken tacos!" Tacos are so easy to make that they have a designated day of the week! Our family loves a good taco so in order to fit our lifestyle we made one change to the authentic taco recipe!
You still get all of the flavor in this taco a just with a wholesome foundation! Packed with tons of healthy fats, thanks to the avocado, and exchanging the flour or corn tortilla for lettuce makes this a healthy alternative!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Please snap pictures and share them with us using the hashtag #toogoodrecipes
2 whole chicken breast
- 8 whole lettuce leaves
- 2 avocados(we put our avocados in the fridge before preparing them for this recipe)
- 1 lime
- 2 roma tomatoes
- Taco seasoning
- Optional: taco sauce or sour cream.
Steps to yumminess
- Step one: cut chicken into cubed pieces, season with taco seasoning, let simmer in the skillet until nice and juicy.
- Step two: Prepare lettuce leaves by rinsing them off in warm water and then drying them with a paper towel.
- Step three: prepare guacamole by mixing avocado and roma tomatoes into a small serving dish. Add lime and salt to taste.
- Step four: ENJOY! Put chicken into lettuce and top with guac and any other fixings you want! Delicious healthy meal with good fats!